Mom & Baby Yoga is a wonderful & safe way to get back into a mindful healing movement practice while having your little one join you in the experience. In this class, we include baby as much as possible with a baby engagement routine at the start of class and bringing them into specific yoga postures & movements as well. This helps to develop a very positive physical connection between you and your baby. During class you have the freedom to meet your babies’ needs with feeding and changing whenever it is needed. Annie offers you feeding positions and breath techniques which you can use during those times that will help support your posture and calm your nervous system. We begin each class with a check-in & sharing time for momma’s to get to know one another and share in an open and non-judgmental environment. Allowing you the space to be real and raw is so important for your mental health and well being. Then we spend 10 mins with baby engagement exercises a fun routine you can learn and bring home with you. Spending the rest of the class moving through a balance yogic practice with postures to help open up tight sore areas of the body which momma needs to release (shoulders, chest, the back & hips); rebuild physical strength and connection to the new core body with patience and acceptance; various techniques are shared and practiced each week to help bring you into a more balance sense of self. Several breathing techniques are taught to help release all kinds of tensions that can be held in the body from the demands of motherhood physically, mentally and emotionally. Mom & Baby yoga is also a wonderful place to meet other moms building your mom & baby network and life long friendships.
Benefits for Postnatal (Mom & baby) Yoga:
- A positive low impact practice to assist the body into its new post-pregnancy state with love and acceptance.
- Helps to relieve postpartum depression symptoms, helping to improve your mental, emotional and energetic states.
- Mothers are giving time to share openly with one another in a 15+min check in during each class. This helps for each woman to feel supported by and surrounded by others who get it, a chance to be raw and real as they move through similar experiences realizing they are not alone. A very important mental & emotional health part of this practice.
- Increase the physical and emotional connection between you and your baby. Excellent time for mother and child bonding.
- The physical aspects of yoga can calm the nervous system and bring you into the balanced state of being in the present (something baby does naturally).
- Baby engagement exercises will enhance babies’ emotional, physical and energetic growth.
- Mom & Baby Yoga offers a safe and nurturing environment fostering growing confidence in movement & body awareness. The ability to attach and then separate is achieved in this practice because the baby is involved in but is not the absolute focus of the mother’s activity. Within this type of communication, the baby has room to develop both connection & independence.
Spring 2022 Mom & Baby Yoga and Support Group Schedule
Mom & Baby 4th Trimester Group (1st 3 months post birth)
5 week (Live Online) gathering – Dates to Come!
4th Trimester Mom & baby group (first 3 months post birth)
Mom & Baby Yoga & Support (4month till Crawling)
5 Week In Person Session For May & June – Dates to Come!
Once you have made it to 4th month post birth you can graduate to this class. In this practice we will do a quick check in and move into a balanced yoga practice for momma help you out where you need it most. This is decided from what I observe from the check ins and also with some themes I may wish to weave in each week. I will also including baby as much as possible and incorporate baby engagements exercises. This practice can be continued as baby starts crawling however if you find it distracting for yourself in a class room setting you can still join us from home via zoom.
*Each week Annie will guide you along with her caring seasoned Momma wisdom with many tips and tools to support you along these early motherhood moments. She will update you on local supportive resources, give you weekly things to discuss and share within your group. Annie will provide you educational knowledge and safe supportive practices for you to enjoy and help with your post birth recovery.
*In both of these groups you will Receive weekly support emails from me. XO
“Reconnecting to Your Core Self” for Mommas
5 week Progressive Practice In Person
Dates & Times – Coming This Summer 2022!
This will be a 5 week progressive learning practice (weekly commitment is recommended) which will help set you up with an at Home Self Care Routine for you to continue afterwards. This will be an educational & practical practice supporting your connection to your Deep Core Self – Physically, Mentally & Emotionally while experience a balance Energetically too. Developing a strong deep sense of connection & acceptance to Yourself as a grounded complete Woman and not just an over extended tired Momma.
Carving time out for Yourself should be Guilt Free Time for you to Reconnect and Replenish YOU! So that you can bring balance into your everyday life and be able to care for your loved ones even better when you are feeling calm, grounded, connected, rejuvenated & balanced!
“You would think that a 50% infant population would result in utter chaos, but Annie makes her mama-baby yoga work. She goes with the flow, and it helps us do so as well. We “check in” and chat, we breastfeed, we stretch, we laugh freely and joyously to the chirps and squawks of our wee ones. Annie listens to our ailments and adjusts the practice accordingly; then brings us back to the cleansing breaths that we will need more and more as moms. It’s a very special hour in a new mother’s week, and we are blessed to have Annie, a seasoned mom, and yogi who loves all of the babies.”~ Ashley ~